It is felt that students desirous to join Armed Forces have neither adequate knowledge of exact selection procedures nor information about any organization available in Gujarat to give them right direction, motivation and provide necessary training. As a result, they are likely to miss opportunities in respects of selection careers in Armed Forces. We aim to groom the aspirants in all aspects, starting from the Entrance Exams to the most challenging SSB.
It was therefore, considered necessary to create required facilities to provide training for this purpose. Colonel Nirban's Defence And Allied Services Academy is the first such training facility in Gujarat with qualified, experienced and trained staff.
In order to seek admission in Army Cadet College a candidate :
- Must be Citizen of India.
- Must be a serving soldier in Army.
- Must be between 22 to 27 years of age.
- Married / unmarried.
Thus to get into Army Cadet College you should first join the forces as a soldier.
Any interested soldier can contact his education department or reporting officer regarding it. Then the soldiers are shortlisted and are prepared for SSB after getting shortlisted after the written exam. Here are the steps of the selection procedure:
Written Test :
- The written test consists of four papers, each paper of 300 marks and 3 hours duration. The papers range from General Mental Ability, general awareness to English. The four papers are :
- Paper 1 – General Mental ability test (GMAT)
- Paper 2 – Current & General awareness test (CGAT)
- Paper 3 – Interactive Communicative English (ICE)
- Paper 4 – Academic Content Test (ACT)
- All papers are objective type except for paper 3 of interactive Communicative English (ICE) which will be partly descriptive.
SSB Interview :
- The candidates who clear the written test are called for SSB Interview. This is a five day test conducted in two stages. The successful candidates of Stage I are retained for further four days. Stage I comprises of verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions and PP&DT test. Stage II consists of Psychological Tests, Group Tests, Personal Interview and Board Conference.
- The candidates who clear the SSB Interview are checked for the medical fitness based on medical criteria decided by the Recruiting Board. This is not a test but just a measure to check the fitness criteria.
Merit List :
- The final Merit list is prepared based on the marks gained by the candidates in their written tests and SSB. Then Joining Instructions are issued to the required number of candidates based on the number of vacancies and on the marks gained by the candidates.
For the details of ACC Exam Syllabus Click Here
Force Behind The Mission